Tribe

Is D/s just something that only happens in the West? A comment to one of my recent posts reminded me of a programme that the BBC broadcast called Tribe, in which the explorer Bruce Parry went and stayed with a number of tribes for an extended period, finding out about their lives and filming them. In one particular episode he participates in an initiation ceremony for a young man of the Hamar tribe, part of which involves the whipping of his young female relatives.

In one scene the young women dance round in a circle, blowing horns and shouting "we want to be whipped"! I won't go into any more detail, but you can find the clips here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/tribe/tribes/hamar/index.shtml

Comments

  1. Your breadth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

    ~January~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love learning more...especially when i am trying to figure this out about myself....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is so fascinating. thanks for the link! and I thought that the Borat was as close to home (pun intended) as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, that was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the evolution a little. I do wish for more information and anecdotal evidence for sadism and masochism...that's the area in which I have a lot of trouble in acceptance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Submissiveness - serving two masters

Slaves

Behaviour Modification