Submissive service and health

As a Dom I'm very demanding in areas such as obedience, discipline, self-development and service. It takes a lot of time and mental effort to train a submissive, even if the relationship is purely online, and in return I expect a sub to work as hard as possible at the tasks I set.

In order to achieve this level of dedication to service, a submissive needs to be healthy, both mentally and physically. The sad truth is that this is getting ever harder to achieve. I read some statistics recently that if you include obesity and mental health issues, around 60% of Americans have a chronic illness of some sort. The UK is not far behind. The most depressing statistic is that children are almost as badly off for illnesses as adults, with diseases such as autism increasing exponentially.

I first became aware of the seriousness of this issue over a year ago when my local medical centre ran a public meeting, and at that meeting their presentation showed that 30% of their patients was chronically ill. It immediately became apparent that this is the reason the National Health Service is in crisis. It's not just about government cuts, they seem to give more money to the NHS every year. The real problem is that we're all too ill. We have too many health problems, and the fact that they are chronic means that they never get better - we need the prescriptions and the treatments month on month for the rest of our lives.

The explanation given by my local doctors was the explanation that you will find in all official publications - it's a lifestyle issue - we don't take enough exercise, we eat rubbish and we smoke and drink too much. In other words it's us, the general public that are to blame. According to this "diagnosis" of the problem we're all lazy slobs that spend our lives eating doughnuts in front of the television.

Except that it's not true. I'm surrounded by fitness fanatics that take their diets and exercise regimes seriously, but are still developing diabetes, arthritis and cancer.

I too have been noticing my health deteriorating. It started slowly at first, wounds not healing, strange rashes, aches and pains. At first I put it down to ageing, but it got worse and worse until I'd reached the point where I could hardly walk. I was hobbling round with a walking stick, contemplating a future life in a wheelchair. I was sure there must be something environmental at work, I'd been doing more physical work than I'd done for years, and I didn't think my diet was that bad.

It was pure chance that gave me the clue I needed. A friend posted an article on facebook about Roundup, the commonly used weedkiller that's advertised on TV for killing dandelions on your drive. What the article described both shocked me and made me realise I'd found the answer. Apparently for years farmers have been using Roundup and other similar herbicides to spray crops like wheat just before harvesting. This basically kills the crop, causing it to dry up and produce bigger seeds. It's easier to harvest, and gets round the problem of crops not being quite ripe. It also means that the bread and other foods produced from these crops are full of herbicide residues.

By this time I was so crippled with what I thought was arthritis that I was stuck in an armchair for over a month, with plenty of time to do research. As I dug deeper and deeper, not only was it obvious that I'd found the reason for my deteriorating health, but that this was a much bigger problem than I could possibly imagine. The science is too complex to go into here, but what it demonstrates is that glyphosate, which is the active ingredient of Roundup, must be one of the most dangerous substances to human health on the planet. Yet we feed it to ourselves, our babies, children and pets in almost everything we eat. It's everywhere in the food chain, in meat, milk, cheese. It's in every plant crop you can think of - wheat, oats, barley, alfalfa. It's in cooking oils, and even in the pills we take for our ailments.

One of the pieces of evidence that clinched glyphosate as the culprit for me was that I found I could kill dandelions by peeing on them - they shrivelled up just like in the TV ads.

I've had to do three things to recover my health - and to be honest I'm not sure if I will ever fully recover the use of my joints, but I'm more mobile than I was. These things are:
  • I've stopped buying any food from supermarkets. I now only buy food that I know to be organically grown or at the very least grown without the use of chemical sprays.
  • I eat a lot more (organic) yoghurt than I ever did before, because glyphosate (Roundup) kills off the probiotic bacteria in our digestive systems that we need to properly digest food.
  • I take a lot of mineral and vitamin supplements, because glyphosate strips these out of our bodies.
Little by little I'm recovering. I still have trouble walking, but the pain I was experiencing in my muscles and joints has largely gone. Altering my diet was hard, it's meant a lot of changes and learning how to do things. I now bake my own bread a lot of the time, and I'm starting to grow my own food. All convenience foods have gone - things like breakfast cereals are some of the worst contaminated. When I take supplements in capsule form I cut the end off the capsule and eat only the contents, because the capsules themselves can be contaminated. Eating out is virtually impossible.

I've decided to write this to spread awareness of the problem. If nothing else BDSM is much more rewarding if the participants are fit and healthy. I know that when I was at my lowest point, my libido had virtually disappeared, and just the struggle of getting to a munch made it too hard to be enjoyable.

As a Dom I've not really paid that much attention to what my submissives eat, but from now on I'll be making it one of my first priorities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Submissiveness - serving two masters

Slaves

Behaviour Modification