Blessed are the meek

This is a phrase that I hear more often than I would expect, given that the people I mix with don't tend to spend a lot of time discussing the gospels. It tends to make me prick my ears up, as if I'm being alerted to something important. I'll let others debate whether the phrase has the same meaning as "blessed are the submissives", but that's how I'm choosing to interpret it.

People with submissive qualities often get a raw deal in our society. In a culture that values independence and being extrovert, submissiveness is often mistaken for weakness and subservience. I see it differently - submission requires strength, self-discipline and determination. Submissive individuals are excellent followers and provide loyal support to leaders they believe in. They value good relationships, honesty and plain speaking. They work hard and take pride in producing good work. They do not look for power, celebrity status or applause - they are happy in supporting roles behind the scenes, making sure that others can achieve their best work.

For people who have a natural inclination towards submissiveness, embracing and developing it is a very healing process. However more recently I have discovered that submissiveness does more than provide healing, it actually opens the door to higher levels of consciousness. I am now seeing the ultimate goal to be submission to the Field - the conscious intelligence that pervades all of space and regulates our planet, the solar system, galaxy and universe. As I discussed in a previous post, I'm looking particularly at submission to Gaia, our planetary Field, but in so doing the universal Field is never far away.

I'm convinced that achieving this level of submissiveness is one of the keys to attaining higher consciousness. I don't know if submission is the only route to this goal, I'm sure there must be other techniques that work, but I imagine they all involve getting our egos out of the way and overcoming the addictions and neuroses that tend to block us.

I used to be worried by some of the labels that our culture applies to people who openly practice submissiveness - labels such as "kinky", "perverted" and "deviant". Unfortunately the psychiatric profession has been one of the worst offenders in stigmatising people who explore unconventional relationships. I've now come to see that this stigma is part of an old paradigm - based on a culture that has brought our planet to the brink of disaster.

People who explore alternative forms of sexuality and relationships are truly pioneers, they should be applauded for taking the risks that the majority won't take. Like pioneers they work in uncharted territory, which can be hazardous. But unless we as a species find better ways of relating and managing our sexuality and aggression, then wars, famines and population crises will continue. I now see the practice of submissiveness as one of they key steps towards developing the new consciousness which is necessary to survive the transition that is fast approaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Submissiveness - serving two masters

Slaves

Behaviour Modification